8.14.2008

Small World

While visiting the Chianti region of Italy a few years ago Chris and I took a break from the wine tastings and headed out to San Gimignano. This ancient city is rustic and simply spectacular. There are two things that stand out for me from this trip. I had wild boar for the first time (excellent) and there was an awesome jewelry shop (they also have a store in Siena). This jewelry shop was off the beaten path, very quaint and had unique, hand-made jewelry. Yeah, I got a little spend happy. I bought myself a few items but mostly some gifts for the girls. One of the items that I LOVED was a ring with an amber gemstone.

Fast forward a couple of years later. We lived in a condo in Rogers Park at the time but were moving soon. During our house closing our condo was broken into and, yep, they did it!! They took all of my jewelry (some other stuff too) but I was really upset about the jewelry, especially this particular ring. How was I ever going to replace that?

OK, I know you are thinking. Why is she blabbing on about this jewelry shop in Italy? I have two points. First, Chris surprised me with a replacement ring from this jewelry shop a few months ago. (Yeah, he’s a keeper!) A couple of our good friends happened to be in Italy in the same area and picked it up for Chris. Chris had talked with the owner of the shop several times so as soon as the couple walked into the store and announced that they are from the US and are looking for a special ring, the guy know exactly who they were there for. He said, “Oh, yes, Chris F." Really amazing! The other point is that they recently started a website. It still needs a little work but I’m so excited! I've added it to my Favorite Sites. They have some really cool stuff so check it out.

No comments: