8.20.2008

Charsha, Charsha, Charsha

I was recently asked by "lame-o" a/k/a Uncle Mike why I hadn't posted our visit with Charsha last week. To which I replied, "That's a very good question, lame-o." I forgot to take pictures which caused me to forget to blog....I'm too young to be THIS scattered. SORRY CHARSHA!!


Charsha---who's this you say? It's Charlie and Marsha from Portland whose names have been smushed together, hence the nickname "Charsha". Charsha and their little guy E were in town for a few weeks and stopped by our neck of the woods for visit last Tuesday. After some chatting about recent books read, debating politics and culture and-- less not forget --having a couple of aperitifs, we left the kids with a babysitter and headed to Maya del Sol for a much needed couples only dinner. We had a fabulous time reminiscing about our Mexico trip that we all took together a couple of years ago (along with Uncle Mike and Aunt Melissa) and planning our next adventure. We are like peas in a pod--- Charlie and I ordered the same entree (Cochinita Pibil---Muy Caliente!) and Chris and Marsha order the same entree (Arepa del Ropa Vieja). The food was amazing and you can't beat the company. We love hanging out with Charsha!!


Now that I reflect upon my memory loss (is that even possible?), perhaps it's attributable to the Mike's Hard Limeade from earlier that night! Yeah, I know it sounds girlie, but it's refreshing. I promise...try it!

2 comments:

iozl said...

Perhaps I should have mentioned that Charsha do not actually like to be referred to by said nickname. It's a heck of a lot easier to write than their individual names, so I'm sticking to it. Plus, they don't like me anyway. So if you want to stay in their good graces, this is just a heads up.

And our trip to Mexico wasn't a few years ago, unless 18 months represents a couple of years these days. Perhaps it does with a youngster running around....

OK, I'm going to try my eponymous lemon drink and see what I can come up with...

Penny said...

Not liking you.....can't imagine!