8.31.2008

Breakin' in the Deck

Tonight we had dinner at the Elsmo Four. A quarter of the Four is sitting next to Chris---Mel. It was a "come over and enjoy our deck that is almost finished" party. It was fantastic!

We had Asian, potluck style. Asian food is a take-out thing for my family. Needless to say, I was a little intimidated at first because it was Asian and Mel is a chef. Anywho, I stepped out of my comfort zone and made a curry noodle with vegetables and shrimp and shitake mushroom potstickers with soy sauce. I DID IT! All of the food was delicious. Now that I have a couple of dishes under my belt I will definitely continue.



Here's Emma, M's future babysitter. She got her taste of sitting last night. All of the kids including Emma curled up on the couches with popcorn in the living room and watched Sleeping Beauty (the older boys were not too pleased with this selection).



This was a really fun night. What summer nights are meant for. Thanks, Mel, for welcoming us into your beautiful home. BTW, I don't consider you are a stalker (inside joke) but a wonderful friend--intense and all!

1 comment:

Mel said...

I am saying (INTENSELY) once again how much I loved those noodles. I had them for dinner tonight and they are even better the second day and equally good warm or cold. AMAZING!! You can cook for me any time. Post the recipe, please.