8.13.2008

Garlic

Our family loves to cook (and EAT for that matter)! Both Chris and I have a lot of memories from our childhood in the kitchen with our families. I was reminded of this while reading a friend's blog the other day--thanks, Mel. Making fried apple/peach pies and canning plum jelly with my Mom in the Summer or making chick'n dumplins' with my Mom in the Winter or baking coconut cake or cooking mustard greens or biscuits with my Grandmother. I only wish the biscuit gene rubbed off on me! Chris had the Italian thing going on....homemade pastas and "gravy" with his MomMom and Aunt Bella and chicken cutlets with his Mom. Needless to say, having M participate in the kitchen is very important to us. We got her started really early. And, believe it or not, her first "job" was to learn how to crack eggs. For a 3 year old she's pretty darn good at it. Now her thing is to peel onions or garlic. She especially loves peeling garlic. I think because she gets to smash the garlic afterwards and chop with her own knife. She helped make a frittata tonight. Check out her smashing.


1 comment:

Mel said...

M is simply smashing!

Keep cooking.