6.23.2010

Our Own G.I. Joe

My cousin’s husband, Mark (or G.I. Joe man which I have just dubbed him for the sake of this post!), is in the Chicago area for a conference this week. Lucky for us he was able to break away for a little bit last night. He hopped on Metra and met us downtown for a quick bite to eat. He is a low maintenance dude so we thought –Mexican street food—Xoco . Perfect! Once again, outstanding food and service. I still have yet to get my hands on some of that yummy chocolate that they are known for (except for the ChocoFlan that I had a while back and which I still salivate over!!). I CANNOT believe I’m about to say this but I was too hot for chocolate last night. Yes, I voluntarily passed on the chocolate. OMG…what’s wrong with me! Better yet, what’s wrong with this world when a girl makes this kind of ludicrous statement. Oh well, one of these days.

We had a couple of other treats though---we saw Rick Bayless at the restaurant along with his wife and his daughter was the hostess! (sorry Lori!!) Pretty cool!!

(Lori, we decided that you all are coming for a visit in the Fall.  Can't wait!!!)




(Rick and his wife walking in the street....am I sad or what!)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I just read a review of this place. I think Mexican street food may be my favorite cuisine. Maybe we should go here instead of Fronterra?

Lori said...

You pegged it... I'm so JEALOUS! Yep, I will just have to get myself out there next time too. Mark really enjoyed seeing you all!

Penny said...

Any place you want to go, sista!!