6.21.2010

Amanda

To top off my birthday weekend was a last minute visit from one of my best girls from Atlanta---Amanda. Amanda is one of those gals that no matter how much time passes between talks and/or visits, when you finally get together you simply picked up where you left off. She and I go way back to the beginning of my legal career. The good old paralegal days in Atlanta. Back then I was slightly wet behind the ears but eager to learn so Amanda took me under her wings and taught me pretty much everything I know today about contracts and contract negotiation. One of Amanda’s proudest mentor moments was when she overheard me on the phone talking to a tenant (we were the landlords). I had taken all of the verbal abuse from this crazy man that I could stand. I very calmly asked this 60+ year old man to stopped yelling. He did not. I then proceeded to tell him that I will not be talked to in this manner and that we can continue discussions once he has calmed down. Then I hung up the phone!  Later that day this guy calmed down and called my boss to tell him how awesome I was! We all got a big chuckle out of this one. I loved that job and all of the people there.

We met in the city for some late lunch at Le Colonial....fantastic as usual.




Then she and I were off...

Amanda is a theater girl.  She's been on the production side for years.  Her husband is a retired actor.  So, of course, I took her to Second City. We saw The Absolute Best Friggin’ Time of Your Life. Put this one in your memory banks as a must see! IT WAS FRIGGIN' HILARIOUS. Our cheeks were cramping up we were laughing so hard. Tears were streaming down our faces!  She said this one met the "hype" of Second City and then some.  I can't adequately sum this one up for you so here's a great synopsis for you.



Relationships like these are few and far between. I am lucky to have a handful of peeps that will be lifelong friends. Amanda is one of those peeps!  Amanda, thank you so much for making my special day even more special. Can’t wait for May!

No comments: