6.21.2010

60 mph

This is what 60 mph looked like here in Oak Park on Friday afternoon on the street just south of us (and many, many other streets all around us).  We were at the pool when the storm hit and were running like crazy people to evacuate the pool.  At one point during the big gust I looked up ahead of me where Chris was pushing ARose in the stroller, the stroller had tipped to 2 wheels and I yelled for Chris to run for his life (OK, not that dramatic, I said run without us....we will catch up!).  I was holding on tight to M so the little thing didn't blow away.  It was really surreal!

1 comment:

iozl said...

Look at the bright side - in the next few weeks there will be lots of lumber on Craigslist from the downed trees at rock bottom prices. Get ready to start sending it my way!