6.19.2009

My Birthday Dinner

Tomorrow is my birthday. This year's birthday has proven to be a little challenging for Chris since I'm waddling around the house ready to pop out a baby any day now. However, in Chris fashion, he pulled through with flying colors. He surprised me with a dinner at Graham Elliot -which has been dubbed Chicago's first "bistronomic" restaurant--a hip and contemporary take on fine dining. We saw the chef compete on Top Chef Masters this week and knew we had to go. He is known for foie gras coated with pop rocks so you can see he has a sense of humor. Chris secretly made reservations that night. We were not disappointed. The atmosphere was very clean but warm and relaxing, food was unique in a great way and he had friendly staff = memorable dinner.



























2 comments:

iozl said...

Just don't do pop rocks & coke - you'll die.

Mel said...

If I didn't think you deserved this celebration so much I would be jealous! What a great night out...