6.27.2009

A Day with M

This morning it dawned on Chris and I that this could be one of the last weekends alone we have with M which I have to admit makes me a little teary eyed. We got an early morning jump by heading out to the farmer's market first thing. This is the time of year that Chris and I eagerly anticipate.....zucchini blossoms !!! If you are not at the market within the first hour it opens you are probably out of luck and not going home with those precious blossoms. Our plan worked as we made it.

BEFORE


AFTER (stuffed with mozzarella and prosciutto and coated in a beer batter)



Another advantage of getting an early start is that you don't have to wait in the crazy donut line at the market (but the truth of the matter is that the homemade donuts--plain, powdered sugar or Cinnamon---are surely worth the wait!). Nice breakfast!

Heard of the Philly cheesesteak stance? Well, M has perfected the powdered sugar donut stance!!!



We then played the rest of the day.


Oh, wait, Chris did a little work. Each year I plant annuals in our front flower beds, but this year there is a little something (or a big belly) preventing me from doing this. Without complaint, Chris jumped in and did the job for me. I know......lucky girl!!


3 comments:

Angela said...

Zucchini blossoms. Without us? I remember the ones you made last year. Delizioso! Looks like you had a great day.

Penny said...

We definitely thought of you guys!!! Next weekend, right? Hope you are having a great vacation.

Unknown said...

Penny, you've inspired me. I picked a few blossoms this morning from our garden. Now how do I stuff them??! Do you have a recipe you could share?