1.06.2009

Olives


NOTE TO ALL FOODIES:
You may want to skip this posting since it will probably make you a little ill :-))

I have been totally digging olives lately. Not the specialty olives from olive bars; the jarred small green olives with pimentos, no less. This really isn't shocking for me. As a kid every afternoon for an after school snack I would have either a handful (sometime a couple) of olives, hamburger dill pickles or a cheese sandwich. Once I moved into my "adult" years, I gave up the salty goodies as snacks--I didn't need the extra bloating!!
Well, off to enjoy some jarred olives.

3 comments:

Angela said...

They are still some of my favorites too.

Mel said...

I am ashamed to admit that I love them, too...okay mostly in a dirty martini.

Emma also loves them...her fav Christmas gift of ALL TIME was a basket of jarred green olives from my mom!

Lori said...

Penny, that is too funny. Must be in the genes b/c ever since I could open the fridge, Mom could not keep the green olives "in stock." They have always been my go to food. She claims I also wandered around the house with a slice of cheese in one hand and cold corn on the cob in the other. Classy, huh?