1.03.2009

A New Day....A New Woman

I've taken a bit of a hiatus over the last couple of months from blogging, grocery shopping, cooking, waking up early with M on the weekends and reading most things. I am sure that I'm missing something and Chris will be quick to correct :))) Basically, I've been working, coming home and sleeping. But for good cause .....for those of you who don't know.....I'm pregnant.
The good news is that today I have awoken a new woman. I have ENERGY ---probably because I can now eat more than just cereal. Yippee! I think I've jumped straight to the nesting stage with painting the nursery, setting up the crib, picking out baby furniture, organizing everything..... Yeah, I know I have a few months to take care of this stuff but I have a slight sickness:-))

Here's M making the first brush strokes to the nursery walls....


A little catch up from the last few days:


Chris and I had our first movie date in months on Monday night. We met our good friends Rob and Kara out for a quick bite and a movie at the Lake Theater. We saw Slumdog Millionaire. It was a great time, the movie was excellent and we ate lots of popcorn and Milk Duds!! The movie (and Milk Duds) is highly recommended.

As M says, a lazy time in lazy town.....

We spent New Years Eve with the Pfours. The boys made us a fabulous dinner and then we all played Wii. I've heard of this strange Wii infliction that first timers get---Wiitus. We played bowling and baseball and I was inflicted as well. Crazy. Unfortunately, we didn't make it to Midnight--oh well. We beat our last few years by at least a couple of hours:-))

On New Years Day, we finished painting the nursery then headed over to our good friends, the Elsmos, for an informal get together. We munched on veggies, popcorn and chips and dip while sipping Leif's famous Bloody Mary's. They are certainly famous for a reason...delicious! And, can I say, the fanciest garnishments that I've every seen with this drink. (Well, that's not saying much since I haven't had a lot of Bloody Mary's.) Not only the typical celery, olives, pickles, but also shrimp and pepperocini. Chris then topped off the night with flaming sambuca shots representing good luck. Impressive!


Happy New Years!!



No comments: