11.30.2010

Mudroom: Grand Reveal


BEFORE


AFTER


I LOVE THIS ROOM!!! Is it wrong to love a room so much?


My need for having things neat and in their place has changed A LOT since meeting Chris and having kids. I’ve evolved for the better I will admit….having learned to accept a certain amount of mess in my life and not sweat the small stuff (well, just a little sweating…it’s in my DNA after all!). That said, I really couldn’t bear the thought of that jacket/shoe pile-o-crap at the back door any more. I know, if this is the worst thing in my life I’m doing OK. It drove me crazy every Winter. We’ve done a lot of house improvements over the years and this project always got pushed to the end. But this was the year!!!!! I threw a lot at Chris with these built-ins. To say he rose to the challenge is an understatement. I really don’t know how he did it. But he did…with a smile (mostly) I will add. He says this was harder than his work in the basement. But, even he agrees, his efforts were well worth the pay off.

I’m lucky in many, many respects. One of those being having a husband who is darn handy around the house. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!!!!!

2 comments:

kswen said...

It looks so amazing! Did you guys do the work yourselves?

Penny said...

Yep, Chris did most of the work. We had drywallers but he did the rest. Awesome, huh!