10.20.2010

A Slice of Heaven



Coconut Cake....life doesn't get any better than this!!! 

I have a major sweet tooth.  Always have.  I blame my mom :-)  I remember on the weekends we would go to the grocery store and at the end of our shopping we would treat ourselves to a candy bar (I got to pick) split between the two of us.  This is one of my favorite memories as a child.  Another one is eating cream cheese danishes in the morning with my mom.  (See, I told you.)  But if I was put in the sad and unfortunate position of picking only a single sweet treat, it would hands down be coconut cake.  Preferably my Mamaw Lucius' cake (my mother's mom who passed down the sweets gene!) but she's not able to make her famous cakes any more so I have to make do with a fakey (I mean a substitute).  My substitute is pretty darn good though if I do say so myself.  Tomorrow is staff appreciation day at M's school and I'm part of an organization that plans to serve the staff lunch.  My contribution--coconut cake, what else!!  I hope they feel the love.  Enjoy!

3 comments:

Mel said...

So perfect. So gorgeous. Irving has one lucky staff. Just wait until you see what we do in May!!!

Lori said...

Honey, I think that sweet tooth gene is on the Sisk side too. I looooove coconut cake, as does your aunt. In fact, she used to keep a secret candy stash up in one of the high cabinets when we were growing up. I'm sad to admit that tradition continues in my own house. ;)

Mel said...

Update from the lunch...Oh my YUM! Seriously Pen, hands down one of the best cakes I have ever tasted in my life. Period.