11.15.2009

OLD


I've never felt so old as I did this afternoon. I'm not one of those gals who talks about how old she feels. Those words don't often cross my lips or my mind for that matter---because I don't think I'm old. If not for my kids I would feel like I'm in my early 20s. With the kids, let's say late 20s. But this afternoon.............I attended my first Pampered Chef party. Yep, until today I was a Pampered Chef virgin and sort of wish I had stayed one if not for my friends who were there. Not that I have anything against the products or really the concept. However, it is one those activities that I associate with putting my hair in rollers, covering with a night cap, lathering my face with Oil of Olay (the kind my mamaw uses) and going to sleep, or playing bridge. There were at least 35 ladies at the party and I was by far one of the youngest ones there (along with my 2 friends). Don't get me wrong it was nice getting away from my 4 year old, 4 month old and 37 year old for a couple of hours. And it was really nice catching up with my friends but frankly I'd rather do that over a nice bottle of wine in a more intimate setting. On a positive note, I ordered some kitchen stuff that I'd been wanting.

1 comment:

Mel said...

A subscription to Good Housekeeping is the next logical step!!