11.11.2009

After School Programs


M's first day of kindergarten is a little less than a year away and we are already thinking about her after school programs. Crazy, huh! I am the first to admit—before having kids I was one of those people who lumped those type of parents into the “are you crazy” category. I had not really thought the school thing through. I just thought the parents were oober competitive. While that may be the case with some, I now realize that these programs have deadlines that are set far in advance. And, in the case of after school programs, the most convenient programs are hard to get into because space is limited. And to add to that limitation, if you don’t get in with your first child, you can forget about it with any other subsequent kids. All of this I have learned from talking with my neighbors who have kids in school already. It’s not like this stuff is nicely explained on the school’s website. Well, the application for the after school program that I wanted for M was due Oct. 30th. I was told that there would be a few slots open for her class (maybe 10). Luckily that was a day when Chris is home with the girls. I had him at the office with the application (and the girls) in hand before the office even opened. We got the letter this week. M was accepted!!!! Yippee! This is such a huge weight off my shoulders. Now, ARose is a sure thing! Next will be deciding which foreign language M should take…..

No comments: