5.09.2011

Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day (late) to all of you mommies out there!

This year I participated once again in the Y-Me Race At Your Pace in support of the National Breast Cancer organization, an organization that offers free programs and services to men and women affected by this disease. It seems that pretty much all of us have been touched in some way by breast cancer. My family has and we beat it! Last year was a surprisingly emotional event for me and I made a promise to myself to make this event an annual tradition. So that''s what I did. The weather was absolutely beautiful. Chris, the girls and MomMom were there cheering me and the other 20,000 people on. I can't think of a better way to spend Mother's Day. A special thank you to those who supported me in this event!!


Truly inspirational!









And, check this out!  The coolest porta.  Yes, they actually were cleaner.  Guys were waiting outside to give the portas a little freshing up after every few minutes!  Nice touch!

"Porta Jane: Because John Can't Aim"

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Hi Penny. Great to stumble on your blog! Best of luck with everything! Have you heard about FAMEDS? Freedom of Access to Medicines is fighting the FDA in order to continue to allow Avastin to be on label for the 17,500 women with Metastatic Breast Cancer that the drug is working for. Please sign and share the urgent petition: http://fameds.org/petition.php