5.14.2011

2011 Irving Staff Appreciation: Giving Thanks



It helps to be "in the know" about the best committees to join at your kids school!!!

While this year I came to Irving feeling like an outsider (I am a newbie to the system afterall), I am so thankful for not coming in completely clueless.  Luckily, I had a tiny bit of insight about what to expect.  Especially, when it came to the "cool, fun" school committees.  I imagine like most outside working moms, there is guilt in pretty much every aspect of your kids' lives.  Not being about to participate in most of the school activities simply adds fuel to that nasty fire of guilt.  So being able to participate in THIS committee made all of that guilt go away.  This is something I've been looking forward to the last couple of years! 

On Friday, I had the honor (along with about 50 other people) of celebrating and thanking all of the wonderful, extraordinary staff at Irving Elementary.  Nine years ago this Staff Lunch Appreciation Day was born by one of my dear friends, Mel.   Over the years, it has blossomed and I believe it is safe to say this event is one of the hightlights of the year for the Irving staff and the committee members.

This year's theme was Thanksgiving - perfect!   It felt nice to show my gratitude to the men and women who help educate our kids and mold them into good citizens.  I even got to host M's teacher, Ms. Ricchio.  M adores her and so do I.  She is fantastic!  These men and women....that's what I'm thankful for!



Ms. Ricchio on the left at the end of the table

No comments: