1.01.2011

Family Times

I'm back.  I took a little break from updating my blog over the holidays.  I wanted to enjoy every single second of this holiday with my family and friends.  And, to be honest, I barely mustered up enough energy each night to brush my teeth much less type:-)). 

We had a lot going on this holiday and it was the BEST!!!!

My parents drove up from MS for Christmas.


We spent Christmas Eve with my parents, the Pfours and another great family from the neighborhood.  This has become a tradition with the Pfours which I look forward to each year.  This year though was bittersweet because it will be the last Christmas Eve we spend with the Pfours since they are moving to WI in 2011.   I have been in denial  for some time about this change but coming to the realization that this is the last year for our little tradition has jolted me out of this denial.  We will simply have to come up with another tradition for us and the Pfours.  That will be easy!





My older brother and his family drove up from MS the day after Christmas.  This was their first time to OP. I think they had a good time.  I know we certainly did and are looking forward to a summer visit once Tony recovers from the "big city" venture and Jes' bum thaws out!







We then rang in the New Year with our friend Ed and Ti and their little girls in Sheboygan.



And, last, I spent tons of quality time with Chris and the girls.  Time, which is the best Christmas gift in the world (although the new ipad from Chris isn't so bad...ha!).

2 comments:

Angela said...

We had such a great time on Christmas Eve. It all is very bittersweet, for sure, because it really is such a great tradition we have.

Lori said...

So glad to see the whole MS contingent made it up. I know how Tony feels about big cities! Granny would love the photo of everyone at the Chinese restaurant together. Love you all!