1.02.2011

The Dollhouse



One of the main reasons my parents left their house in Mississippi on Christmas Eve at 1 AM (yep, that's my dad for you!) driving for 12 straight hours is because of this AMAZING dollhouse. It took up their entire trunk not leaving room for much else in the car. My mom started working on this dollhouse two years ago. Let me just say that these pictures do not do this house justice. The detail is insane. Most of the cabinets and drawers open, there's a potty for Barbie and her friends complete with toilet paper holder. They have a beautiful family room to watch TV in--Nanny and Papa TV...she framed a picture of them to use in the TV, a bedroom that little girls dream of and a professional triangle layout, eat-in kitchen. See why it took two years? She was even written up in the Chickasaw local paper.

This was a perfect gift for M (and ARose in about a year...we've had to place it on a table off of the floor for the time being since she was trying to get inside the dollhouse!). The house has already supplied hours of entertainment for M and her friends. Today I asked M what her favorite part of the dollhouse was and she started pointing out all of the rooms, furniture, accessories. She couldn't pin it down to one thing. Finally, she said "everything, mom!".

Thank you so much, Mom.! We all feel the love behind the making of this house. It's a really nice reminder every time we see it. You're the best!






5 comments:

iozl said...

I can't figure out from the photos what is the main construction material? Is it yarn? It looks like it's extremely detailed and must have taken a very long time to construct! I'm impressed!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! Now I see where you get your attention to detail. :-)

Mel said...

This is just amazing! I can't wait to see it in person! I cannot comprehend how you's make something like that out of yarn. What lucky girls!

Angela said...

Oh my gosh, I would have loved something like that. What lucky girls. What a great grandma!

Lori said...

Amazing! Your mom has always been so talented.