4.19.2010

Sweet Wheels

OK! I am now officially nervous about my first triathlon. I just realized it is only 8 weeks away! Crazy! Seriously, where did the time go? It sounded like a good idea when I signed up for this darn thing a few months ago. Now…..I’d better step up my game big time.


With this deadline in mind, yesterday I got on my bike for the first time in almost 2 years for a serious ride. By myself.  No little ones. No hubby.  I rode 9 miles on Salt Creek Trail and it felt FANTASTIC! My legs were full of lactic acid from mile 1 onward but that was OK (I know sad…but remember I had not been on a bike in almost 2 years so I’m going to cut myself a little slack). Even though it was slightly painful at times, the ride was peaceful nonetheless. That must say something about how much time I get to myself these days, right? I really think I could get into this bike riding thing. Let’s not get crazy, not the 70+ milers that Chris and his posse put in but I believe I could work up to some respectable miles.

Now if I could just swim for 20 continuous minutes that would give me a little boost!

I know I can, I know I can, I know I can……choo choo!

No comments: