4.06.2010

It's Official


Today we registered M for kindergarten!!!

The experience was better than expected (except that Chris and M were almost hit by a car that lost control and landed on the sidewalk just behind them!).  She’s is more than ready in all aspects. She’s practically bursting at the seams with excitement. She can hardly wait to walk each morning to the BIG KID school. It is pretty much a daily question---“When do I start school?” Her parents, on the other hand, not so much! I have conflicting emotions. I am so proud and happy for her but at the same time I’m selfishly really sad. Over the weekend while getting all of the documents together in preparation for the registration, Chris and I had our first tear fest about this whole thing. Our little baby is no longer a little baby. It’s like we were sucker punched in the gut. Wow, you can’t prepare for that. I realize that we aren’t alone in this and, of course, we’ll get through this just like the rest of the parents out there. I guess I just didn’t expect to be this emotional about KINDERGARTEN.

Ready or not, here we go…moving on to the next phase! It’s going to be an amazing and fun year for her.

3 comments:

iozl said...

You think you're proud now? Wait until she graduates.... from kindergarten! Just think of her walking down the aisle in her black robe and mortar board. Perhaps she'll give the valedictorian speech?

Penny said...

I was waiting for that smart ass remark, Uncle Mike. How's that chicken coop?

Phil said...

That's strange, I felt just the opposite when mike and Chris went off to Kindergarten. It was in first grade that I cried. That's when tuition started.