5.20.2009

She's a butterfly...

It is extremely important to me for M to have opportunities that simply were not available to me as a child. At the same time and equally important is my job to ensure that M is well balanced and grounded. One of those opportunities that I didn't have was dance (although, I was such a tomboy I'm not sure I would have agreed to take dance classes even if it was available, anywho!!). M has been taking ballet classes for the last year. It's not just about the dance. I believe this teaches her many other life lessons. And, to be honest, there is something special about seeing my little girl in a tutu and ballet shoes. Whether she chooses to continue ballet when she gets older is completely up to her to decide. However, her having the opportunity is awesome!


M's first dance recital will be June 13th. She is really excited. We got the papers last week....she will be a butterfly. Can't wait!

2 comments:

Mel said...

Love every minute of it! It flies by so quickly and before you know it she'll be taking 9 classes per week, have a 6 pack you'd kill for, and a scholorship to a dance intensive...I will miss my tutu clad flower fairy at the recital this year!

iozl said...

It's probably critical that you let her watch 'So You Think You Can Dance' to get her spun up. That, or at least let her know not to try out if she isn't any good so she won't be ridiculed in front of a national audience.