11.04.2008

History Is Made

This picture is courtesy of Drudgereport.com


Tonight Chris and I hunkered down on the couch in our basement thinking this would be a LONG night to watch the election results from start to finish. Chris and I aren't very political so that's a first for us and shows just how important this election was--no matter who you elected to vote for. OK, I have to admit I fell asleep a couple of times, but Chris stayed awake the entire time and poked me a little after 10PM telling me---"They just called California and the election....Obama won!" I am extremely proud of our country. And, for some reason, perhaps because I come from a small town in MS where racism is pretty much the norm for the older generation (and some of the young ones), I'm even more proud and excited.


Woo-hoo, as M says!

1 comment:

Angela said...

Beautifully said.