7.27.2010

The Mud Room

Next on my honey do list for the Fall is a MUD ROOM! Like most homes in Oak Park, our house is an oldie but goodie (100+ years old). One of the many, many appeals of Oak Park in my book. Generally speaking, these homes have sunrooms either in the front, back or both. We are lucky enough to have a sunroom in the back of our home which is just perfect for a mud room since the back door is our primary entry. This sunroom will maintain its sunny disposition and I believe will transform nicely. Throw up some lockers, hooks, new windows, make weather proof, new ceiling, light fixture, trim work……. It shouldn’t be a big deal, right?! Unfortunately, the price you pay for living with character is that you can find yourself with a little surprise here or there during renovations no matter the size of the renovation. So I’m keeping my fingers crossed. We’ll see how it goes soon enough. . Man, I can’t wait!!!!!!!! It will be nice not tripping over snow boots and jackets this Winter!



Here's my inspiration:






Cabrara Blog


Holly Mathis Interiors





Design*Sponge/Nina Gotlieb (love the light fixture)

No comments: