3.03.2010

6.13.10

Courtesty of Beeswax Productions

That’s the date in which I will be plunging into the hopefully warm water at Naperville’s Centennial Beach for .75K , then strapping into my bike pedals for 23K, then jogging (let’s be real, probably walking maybe even crawling at this point) a 5K.

Yes, I successfully signed up for the US Women’s Triathlon Series in Naperville this year. I’m not sure what has gotten into me. For years I have been a proud supporter of Chris in his numerous triathlons. Up until now I had ZERO interest in actually participating in one. I was really quite happy with simply being a supporter. Believe it or not, they are really fun and full of energy even when not participating.


What am I thinking?!!? I’m a team sports player---softball, volleyball, ultimate Frisbee--not an endurance athlete. I can’t even swim very well. My butt has not hit a bike seat in months. Running, just to run, YUCK! Even though I will say that I’m in it just to finish it the ugly truth is that I’m competitive at sports so that will not be good enough. I’m not sure what my goal will be for my first triathlon but my expectations will be high. I DO NOT WANT TO BE LAST.   Shoot, I’d better get started training!

(Thanks, PopPop, for the Ironman Watch. I got it in the mail yesterday and prompted me to sign up. It’s super cool and perfect for my upcoming training!!)

1 comment:

Angela said...

Bring it! Trust me, I'm sure you could do it now and not finish last. Glad to have a partner in crime.