7.03.2009

Basement Woes

When we decided to have carpet installed in the basement, we had never seen or experienced a water problem. We struggled long and hard over this carpet thing and decided to roll the dice. As luck would have it, less than 1 week after we had it installed a couple of years ago we got this crazy storm and .....you guessed, we had water. After last weeks microburst, I loosely checked the same area but didn't see (or want to see anything). The smell tells you all you need to know and I couldn't ignore the smell any longer. Each day I would go into the basement, I smelled musky mold. We knew this day would come. The good news is that it is isolated to one side of the house and doesn't creep in too far. The bad news is that it's a BIG HASSLE AND MESSY!!! I hate mess. I especially hate mess when I'm trying to nest. And to top it off, we are expecting a lot of family over the next few weeks.

C'est la vie !




1 comment:

iozl said...

DUUUDE!!! You know what my buddy Holmes would do. Well, first he would tell you what a bad job the installation was... but then he would tell all his worker bees to rip it all out! Down to the dirt, and then he'd repour the foundation, put in new studs - the whole works.
Sounds like you need some french-drainage action going on the side of the abode. I guess that will be the next big project.
Oh well, this is why you should have installed the workshop down there. ;op