4.19.2009

Chris and I consider ourselves foodies to a certain degree in that we enjoy food (don't follow the eat to live way of life), thrive on new culinary experiences, love to cook and create, etc. And, we hope to pass that love of food on to M. But we are definitely laid back foodies; we don't get into the whole pretentious scene that often (not always) comes with fine dining. Some of our most memorable culinary experiences have been holes in the wall, restaurants in the back of grocery stores, sidewalk cafes, Italian bars, bistros.


We added to our list of restaurants tried last night...Naha on Clark Street. I would consider this a formal restaurant although others have described it as informal. I can't give it an A+ but not to the fault of the restaurant. The atmosphere was modern and contemporary, wait staff friendly and knowledgeable and the food was great. It was just a little too "fancy" for Chris and I. Just not our cup of tea. That said, I'm very pleased that we tried the place.







Normally I take shots of the food but this time I found interest in a couple random items---a really cool knife and the after dinner "mints"---Naha's version of peeps and chocolate disk with fruit and nuts (can't remember the name).





No comments: