10.04.2008

Celebrating Oktoberfest

Chris' mom was in town this weekend (Mike, she came to pick up another puppy!!). When asked what she wanted to do this time around she said that she would like to go to Oktoberfest. For anyone who knows Chris' mom, this was completely unexpected. Oktoberfest = beer, right! She doesn't even drink and can be a bit of a picky eater so I didn't think she liked sausages (sorry, mom mom). Needless to say, I was a little unsure of how this would turn out.


In our search for celebration, tonight we headed down to Lincoln Square for a stroll and good eats at the Chicago Brauhaus who also had a live band that played....what else but...traditional German music. We had a giant pretzel from Munich, pork schnitzel, sauerkraut, red cabbage and brats. My favorite brat was the white one....don't remember the name (Ang, can you help?) Chris and I used to live only a few blocks away and never ate at this restaurant.....our loss. I've never really been excited to have German food based on my reasoning that I don't enjoy sausages and I've had "real" sauerkraut in the past that I didn't care for. Man, was I mistaken. I will definitely be back this winter......turns out this was a wonderful idea as we had a blast!!!
M enjoyed her first time at a brauhaus!!! (ok, she didn't drink the beer but she really wanted to hold the stein!)



1 comment:

Angela said...

Yum, yum! This would be right up our alley. Brian's been talking about going out for German food forever, and we just never do either. I think it probably was the weisswurst you liked.