12.06.2011

Gingerbread House


One of my all time favorite Christmas memories as a kid—the COOKIE CASTLE.  I remember our castle always being as wide and tall as our kitchen table.  Looking back, that was a kid’s distortion but it was pretty big.  Also I now know that castle was a pain in my mom’s tail as she made it from scratch!  Nonetheless, if we asked for the cookie castle she took the time to help make the castle, year after year.  Let’s just say I have succumbed to the fact that I am simply not a crafty as my mom.  While I think I got a little bit of the gene I certainly did not get the full gene (um, I don’t make clothes for my girls!!  She even made my prom dresses, when I would let herJ) so I don’t even attempt the cookie castle.  I do, however, get into the gingerbread house spirit---with the aid of those handy, dandy life saving kits.  In years past, I’ve been disappointed by our gingerbread houses.  Even the kits were too hard for me.  But this year, I found the perfect kit.  It’s from Trader Joe’s of all places and it is idiot proof.  The girls and I put our house together over the weekend and I think it looks fantastic (minus a few of the candies we couldn’t resist eating) !!!!  



No comments: