6.22.2011

Race Day

I DID IT!!!

Two years after making a personal committment to myself to complete a triathlon...a pregnancy and broken elbow in between.... I did it!  In retrospect, I should have been more nervous about the flippin' swim. 

I panicked big time in the swim. I just couldn’t catch my breath. So, I was the last person out of the swim in my wave. Somehow I finished the swim in 22 minutes but I swear I felt I was in the water for an hour. I was the person who was floating on my back (sort of) while hanging close to the rope.   Thank God for that rope!  I made up a little for my super slow swim in the bike and run (which I was pleased with). Overall, it felt good. But, honestly, the swim was torture for me. Clearly I need a lot of work in the pool. I am definitely not a natural swimmer like Chris. Thank goodness the girls take after their dad! 

Surprisingly, I wasn't very sore. Except for my knee caps! Strange, huh. M said I looked like an old lady trying to get down the stairs without too much moaning and screeching.  Thanks for the reminder, M!

I will definitely do this race again next year but this time I will do myself a service and train better.




Love, love  this sign Chris and the girls made for me!!



The girls climbed a tree to pass the time.....it was a LONG day for them!  They are just too cute for words!!



3 comments:

iozl said...

Way to go! Are you gunning for the Ironlady next?

(You did soar! Were you sore though? ;op)

Penny said...

hehe, too funny. thanks for the edit dorky dork! corrected.

Unknown said...

Looking good! You are my hero, Penny! Way to push yourself.