12.19.2010

Holiday Cheer

Our weekend has been full of holiday cheer. 




Starting with Friday.  It was the Winter Sing at M's school.  This concert was just for the kindergarteners and I was truly blown away.  I don't consider myself an overly emotional gal (crying that is...except when pregnant of course).   But I admit I was one of those sappy mom's holding back tears.  And, that's OK:-)   To my surprise none of the kids had stage freight.  As a matter of fact, M seemed to really enjoy the stage...ham, like her dad!  They sang Who Am I (it was a turkey), Hanukkah Time, The Snow Man, Lunita (a Hispanic lullaby) and We Wish You a Happy Holiday...... and each class recited a poem...wow.  The concert was for 45 minutes and I was hoping for 45 more!


We have also been doing our Christmas cookie baking this weekend (and when I say "we", I mean "me').  Elbow deep in dough listening to Christmas music.  I just LOVE all of the oldies when it comes to the holidays. Doesn't really get any better than this.

(Oh, and M had her first sleepover last night.  I was shockingly not a mess --probably because she was next door!  Actually, Chris was more reluctant than I.  I felt a little nervous when we went to bed since M wasn't in her bed and I couldn't give her my nightly kiss.  Sad, yet an awesome big deal.  And, we didn't even receive a phone call.  In fact, I had to call the next morning asking her to come home!)

2 comments:

Todd Vassell said...

what are those pink cookies? looks yummy

Penny said...

French Macaroons filled with ganache. I was going for red but got pink. This was my first attempt at these cookies. They were good but I could improve :-) Want the recipe?