5.08.2010

The Publican


After months and months of trying to get there, Chris and I finally made it to the Publican last night to celebrate his birthday.  Let me say that it was worth the wait!!!.  Our entire experience was perfect!  And our waitress Kim was hands down the best waitress/waiter I have ever had ....knowledgable about every item on the menu (and all of the beers which is saying a lot 50+), passionate about every item on the menu, adorable, great personality, I could go on and on.  I just wanted to hang out with her and chat (and I think we hogged her a little but it was Chris birthday, right).  I may even have a little crush on her :-))  We are already planning our next trip here.  In Chicago we are fortunate to have our pick of wonderful restaurants but restaurants with the entire package are rare.  This is truly a gem!  Oh, and you have to check out the bathrooms too!

I didn't think that I liked beers at all but apparently I had not had the right beer for me yet.  She was on mark with every single recommendation. 


We decided to make it a unique eating experience night. This is what I mean--




Charcuterie Plate

Homemade Fries with Egg and Aioli


Duck Heart

Veal Sweetbreads


Sausage, Smoked Turkey and Pork Confit



and then the chocolate!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Maybe we can go here during our visit?